Anthony Joshua has landed in Saudi Arabia a week ahead of his rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr., which will take place on Saturday, December 7, 2019, in Diriyah.
The British-Nigerian boxer will be looking to regain his IBF, WBA and WBO titles and credibility after losing them in an amazing loss to Ruiz Jr back in June at Madison Square Garden. The Mexican boxer defeated Joshua in the seventh-round to hand British/Nigerian boxer his first professional loss in professional history.
I got beaten by a good fighter,” said 29-year-old Anthony Joshua about Ruiz jr. “It will be interesting to see how far he goes, but this is all part of the journey.
After flooring Ruiz with a left hook in the third round, Joshua hit the canvas when a right crashed against his temple. By the time a sensational three minutes was up he had been down again.
“He’s a champion for now, I shall return.” He vowed
Anthony plans on making good and that vow as he arrives Saudi Arabia almost a week before the match is to hold
Sports authorities in Saudi Arabia are said to have tabled almost $100million (£83million) for the match to be held there.
Hope he wins it