The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared incumbent Governor Yahaya Bello winner of the 2019 governorship election in Kogi state.
Bello scored a total of 406,222 votes to defeat his closest rival and candidate of the PDP, Engr Musa Wada who polled a total of 189,704 votes.
- Yahya Adoza Bello was born in Okene, Kogi state on June 18, 1975.
- He was the youngest of six children of his family. He attended LGEA primary school, Agassa in Okene local government in 1984.
- He attended high school at Agassa community secondary school, Anyava, Agassa-Okene and obtained his Junior Secondary School Certificate Examination (JSSCE) and Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) certificates from Government Secondary School, Suleja-Niger State in 1994.
- Bello was declared the winner of the 2015 Kogi gubernatorial election after he was chosen on the platform of the APC as the replacement for the late Abubakar Audu who originally won the election but died before the result was declared.
- Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano state reportedly offered Emir Sanusi three options